By SnowWolf Staff
The last thing you want to worry about when you’re in the middle of a blizzard is your truck breaking down. But if it does, you want to make sure that you have the right tools to make a quick repair and get back to work.
In this blog post, you’ll get 15 tools to put in your emergency plow repair kit before the flakes start flying.
15 Essential Tools
Your dealer may be able to sell you an emergency plow repair kit that costs between $200 to $300 or even more. Instead, make your kit and save some money.
Here are those 15 tools you need to stay safe, to make repairs and to get back on the road:
1. Motor oil
2. Hoses – An angle hose and a cylinder hose
3. A pair of quality working gloves
4. A 12 vault solenoid
6. Adjustable wrenches, including a channel lock
7. Dielectric (also known as silicon) and white lithium greases
8. A Phillips and a flathead screwdriver
9. Snap pins
10. One or more hinge pins
11. Hydraulic fluid
12. Funnels—some snow pushers use funnel cups that you find by water coolers.
13. Ratchet straps—make sure you get the right type to handle the weight of your plow.
14. Springs used on plows
15. Road flares.
Remember, this is only an emergency plow kit. The above list should give you the right tools to make minor repairs.
But if your truck and plow need extensive repairs, head back to the shop where you’ll have all the supplies and light you need to fix them. And you’re out of the cold too.